Get a Quote
What to do in order to keep safe?
Few things you can do to keep away any risks associated with tutoring.
1. Be aware of the risks
it’s important to be aware of the possible risks associated with private tutoring. Though we make effort to mitigate any risks. These are few of the risks identified:
• Welcoming an unknown person at your home
• Inappropriate messaging
• Tutors with sinister intentions
• Sexual harassment
• Other serious crimes
2. Be vigilant
• Female tutors should always inform their next of kin of their destination, their expected time of return and may tutor male learners beyond their age only if the tutoring take place in a public place until the tutor feels safe being around the client.
• Learners under the age of 18 should not subscribe for tutoring courses without the consent of parents.
• In case tutors are give you more that what was expected, and want to provide learning support outside of tutoring times etc. please contact Tuition Management team and inform them.
• Please ask enough questions before accepting a tutor. In order to make sure that you know as much as possible about what is expected of you.
3. Take action
• We strongly recommend that if you feel uncomfortable about any aspect of your tutoring assignment that you notify your Tuition Management team immediately and/or take any additional action you think necessary, this include contacting the authorities, such as the South African Police Service (SAPS), or a next of kin.
Please read our terms of agreement